The conference is conducted on the fifth day of the SSB Interview. You will be called in a room where all the officers who tested you for last few days will be sitting together and discussing your performance. After the conference, your result will be declared. Those who get recommended will stay back for medical examination and those who are not recommended will be sent back to home.
Candidates will be called one by one according to increasing or decreasing order of their Chest No. there will be a bell and a display board indicating a chest number just to inform the candidates about their turn to go inside conference hall. Generally Conference lasts for 30 Seconds to 60 Seconds for most of the candidates, few candidates may take more time up to 5 -10 mins or 30 mins sometimes, such cases are rare and they are generally a doubt case.
· Dress well and wearing your chest no. neatly.
· Control your fear or nervousness, sometimes candidates get nervous when they see men in uniform. Control your mind and stay calm, however one day you will be same like them.
· Wish the person in front of you as soon as you enters the room. Mostly your interviewing officers handle you during conference but sometime some else from the board may take up the charge.
· Stay focus and listen to the questions carefully, be loud and audible to others while answering.
· Stand up gently and leave the room without much disturbance as soon as you get the instructions from IO/President.
· Prepare your self for questions haven’t answered during interview, you may face the same questions again in the conference.
In conference all three assessors viz psychologist, interviewing officer and GTO discuss regarding the performance of a particular candidate and whether to recommend him/her or not. Your results have been decided during conference but sometimes, some of you might have a doubt case so the assessors will again assess you during conference by asking some questions. So, always try to put your best impression during conference.