Thematic Apperception Test (TAT) is the first test in Psychologist Test Series. This test was designed by Henry A. Murray and Christiana D. Morgan.
In this test, a set of provocative yet ambiguous pictures are shown to you, as you are required to interpret a story from the picture hence the test is sometimes also called as picture interpretation technique.
You are required to write your story on the following points.
1. What has led up to the situation?
2. What the characters are feeling and thinking.
3. What is happening at the moment.
4. What is the final outcome of the story?
No. of Pictures – 12
Time of each Picture – 30 Seconds + 4 Minutes
In this test you will be shown 12 pictures, 11 pictures will be having some theme behind them but the 12th will be blank you have to yourself imagine a picture and write a story on it. The pictures will be shown to you for 30 Seconds and 4 Minutes time will be given to you for writing the story. There will be no time gap between the pictures and as soon as the 30 seconds are over your time for writing the story starts so you must not do any delay.
1. This is a test of imagination most commonly known as TAT.
2. You have to write your answers in page No 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 of your answer sheet.
3. Write your answer in English/Hindi or combination of both in the space provided on your answer sheet, no third language should be used.
4. You will be shown a picture for 30 Seconds and 4 Minutes time will be given to you for writing the story.
5. You have to write a story on all pictures.
6. You must not be in possession of any watch or any other electronic gadget.